… BERNADETTE MAYER & PHILIP GOOD invite you to participate in a weekend workshop on Experimental Poetics. Their home, once a synagogue in days of yore, is located in rural Upstate New York on the historic acreage between Kinderhook and Tsatsawassa creeks at the foothills of the Berkshires.
. . Exclusive weekend workshop sessions begin May 22 and continue throughout the summer months culminating on the weekend of Oct 10-12. The fee, which includes accommodations, as well as all meals & activities, is $400 (double reservation) or $225 (per person). Since each weekend session is limited to four participants, please RSVP well in-advance. Any inquiries may be sent to the contact information provided below. Guests arrive Friday afternoon and depart Sunday after lunch.
. . There will be writing assignments with plenty of time for casual conversation. Bernadette Mayer will discuss her Experiments List and encourage participants to expand their poetics to greater levels. The central focus in the workshop will be in-depth Investigations of Traditional Forms Made New. In addition, each participant will receive constructive feedback about their overall work through individual consultation; and all participants will be given an expansive list of reading recommendations. At the conclusion of the weekend the group will collate their new poems into a stapled poetry magazine.
. . To Reserve/Confirm availabilities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (518) 794 – 0234.
Bernadette Mayer (born May 12, 1945 in Brooklyn , NY ) is a poet and prose writer. In 1967 she received a BA from New School for Social Research. She has since edited the journal 0 TO 9 with Vito Acconci and the United Artists Press with Lewis Warsh, and worked as Director of St. Mark¢s Poetry Project. She is also known for her wonderful dancing.
- Story, New York: 0 to 9 Press, 1968.
- Moving, New York : Angel Hair, 1971.
- Memory, Plainfield , VT : North Atlantic Books, 1976.
- Ceremony Latin (1964), New York : Angel Hair, 1975.
- Studying Hunger, New York : Adventures in Poetry/ Bolinas , CA : Big Sky, 1976.
- Poetry, New York : Kulchur Foundation, 1976.
- Eruditio Ex Memoria, Lenox , MA : Angel Hair, 1977.
- The Golden Book of Words, Lenox , MA : Angel Hair, 1978.
- Midwinter Day, Berkeley , CA : Turtle Island Foundation, 1982.
- Utopia, New York : United Artists Books, 1984.
- Mutual Aid (Mademoiselle de la Mole Press, 1985)
- Sonnets, New York : Tender Buttons, 1989.
- The Formal Field of Kissing, New York : Catchword Papers, 1990.
- A Bernadette Mayer Reader, New York : New Directions, 1992.
- The Desires of Mothers to Please Others in Letters, West Stockbridge, MA: Hard Press, 1994.
- Another Smashed Pinecone, New York : United Artists Books, 1998.
- Proper Name & other stories, New York : New Directions, 1996.
- Two Haloed Mourners: Poems, New York : Granary Books, 1998.
- Midwinter Day, New York : New Directions, 1999 (reprint of 1982 edition).
- Scarlet Tanager, New York : New Directions, 2005.
- Poetry State Forest : New Directions, 2008.